The Office of Sponsored Projects and Research is the designated Pre-award and Post-award administration office for the University of Puerto Rico at Cayey. It provides support and training to the campus community research, creative activity and other initiatives. The office identifies research, funding opportunities, partnerships, and facilitates the submission of all sponsored project proposals on behalf of the University. It also provides faculty, staff, and students assistance in managing projects which are awarded to the institution.
Our mission is to encourage the research and sponsored projects while adhering to university policies, missions and objectives, and federal, state and institution’s regulations.
Promote the research for external funds through proposals that encourage professional and academic growth.
- Ensure the overall effective coordination of sponsored research services, policies and system.
- Increase the number of proposals submitted by the faculty.
- Offer support and necessary assistance to generate highly competitive proposals, increasing the number of approved proposals.
- Provide workshops and conferences tailored to development of proposal writing.
- Facilitates funding opportunity searches.
- Advice on funding opportunities and proposal writing strategy.
- Provides technical assistance in the writing, revision, formatting and submission of proposals.
- Provides guidance in pre and post award regulations, administration and compliance. (compliance and post-award monitoring and oversight)
- Maintains sponsored project data for the University
- Fulfills sponsor’s financial reporting requirements (Post-award).